Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lesson 26: Not in the Mood



 

Key Expressions

come over
a couple of
smashing some aces
not in the mood
How does beer sound to you?
be a bum






Situation

A:  Do you want to come over to my house and watch a couple of movies?
B:  No, thank you.
A:  How about smashing some aces on court?
B:  No, thank you.  I’m not in the mood.
A:  Ok.  How does beer sound to you?
B:  Not right now. I feel like going home.  I want to stay in my room read books, and be a bum for the rest of the day.


Pronunciation drills

Come over
Watch
Smashing
Court



Substitution drills

Do you want to _______ to my house and watch __________ movies?

How about ____________ on court?

I’m not _________.

How does beer __________?

Not right now. I feel like going home.  I want to stay in my room read books, and ____________ for the rest of the day.


Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, a couple of,
smashing some aces, not in the mood, be a bum

Example:
I’m not in the mood to eat ice cream tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment