Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lesson 24: Top of the World




Key Expression


have you noticed
What’s the matter?
Hyper
He’s claiming that
on top of the world

Situation
A: Hey, have you noticed Carl lately?
B: Why? What’s the matter?
A: He’s acting a little hyper this week.
B: Yeah, I’ve noticed that.
A: He’s claiming that he’s on top of the world. I wonder what good thing had happened to him.

Pronunciation drills

Noticed
Little hyper
Claiming
Wonder

Substitution drills
A: Hey, ___________ Carl lately?
B: Why? What’s __________?
A: He’s acting a little __________ this week.
B: Yeah, I’ve noticed that.
A: ________________ he’s on top of the world. I wonder what good thing had happened to him.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, have you noticed,
What’s the matter?, Hyper, He’s claiming that, on top of the world.

Example:
I feel like I’m on top of the world now because I passed the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment