Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lesson 20. First Impression

 
Key Expressions

 
first impression
a little bit weird
strangely quiet
mysterious
unsociable




Situation

A: What’s your first impression of Jan?
B: I think she’s a little bit weird. 
A:  Why do you say so?
B:  She’s strangely quiet and looks so mysterious.
A:  Well, my first impression on her is that she’s unsociable because she is too shy.
B:  Hmmm…. Could be.

 
Pronunciation drills

First impression
Little bit
Weird

Substitution drills

A: What’s your ____________ of Jan?
B: I think she’s a __________. 
A:  Why do you say so?
B:  She’s ____________ and looks so ____________.
A:  Well, my first impression on her is that she’s _________ because she is too shy.
B:  Hmmm…. Could be.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, a little bit weird, strangely quiet, first impression,  mysterious,.

Example:  People always have the negative first impression on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment