Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lesson 14: Fans

 
Key Expressions

You’ll never guess
Man of your dreams
Far off
Just around the corner
Catch him
Green with envy

Situation

A:  You'll never guess what happened to me last Saturday.
B:  You found the man of your dreams?
A:  Oh, very funny, but you're not so far off. I got Matthew Perry’s autograph.
B:  You mean that really gorgeous looking actor in the comedy series on TV?
A:  Well, they were filming some scenes on location just around the corner from my apartment and I managed to catch him during a break.
B:  Oh, I'm green with envy. You’re so lucky.

Pronunciation drills

Happened
Autograph
Gorgeous looking
Around
Break

Substitution drills

You'll never __________ happened to me last Saturday.

You found the ____________?

Oh, very funny, but you're not so __________.

Well, they were filming some scenes on location ______________
__________ from my apartment and I managed to _________ during a break.

Oh, I'm _____________. You’re so lucky.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Man of your dreams
Far off, Just around the corner, you’ll never guess

Example:  You’ll never guess what karma awaits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment