Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lesson 15: Ladies’ Man

 


Key Expressions

Hanging on every word
Got the knack
Whole string
Ladies’ man




Situation

A:  Look at Al over there. That girl is hanging on his every word.
B:  It's the same with every female he gets talking to.
A:  I know. He's got the knack of making them feel like they're the only thing in the whole world that matters to him.
B:  That's why he's got a whole string of girlfriends.
A:  How does he do it?
B:  I don't know. He's just a natural ladies' man, I suppose.

Pronunciation drills

Over there
Girl
Word
Whole world

Substitution drills

Look at Al over there. That girl is __________ his __________.

He's __________ of making them feel like they're the only thing in the whole world that matters to him.

That's why he's got a ____________ of girlfriends.

I don't know. He's just a natural __________, I suppose.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Whole string, Hanging on every word, Got the knack, Ladies’ man.

Example:  I wonder how football players get a whole string of girlfriends in a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment