Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lesson 21. Taking A Nap


Key Expressions

Did you just wake up?
Chores
I took a nap
Often take naps a day
I get up too early
Gets irritated
I snore!





Situation

A:  Susie, did you just wake up?  It’s already lunch time.
B:  No.  I woke up early this morning and after finishing the chores, I took a nap.
A:  Oh I see.  Do you often take naps.
B:  Yeah, especially when I get up too early in the morning.
A:  Don’t you feel dizzy whenever you take a nap too often a day?
B:  No, I don’t. But my mom gets irritated when I take naps because I snore!

Pronunciation drills

Already
Lunch time
Woke up early
Snore
Dizzy

Substitution drills

A:  Susie, did you ____________?  It’s already lunch time.
B:  No.  I woke up early this morning and after finishing the _______, I took a nap.
A:  Oh I see.  Do you often ___________.
B:  Yeah, especially when I get up too early in the morning.
A:  Don’t you feel dizzy whenever you ___________ too often _____?
B:  No, I don’t. But my mom ___________ when I take naps because ________!

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, I took a nap, I get up too early, gets irritated, snore

Example

I couldn’t get to sleep every night because my husband snores!

No comments:

Post a Comment