Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lesson 41: Contrasting



 
Key Expressions

Correct me if I’m wrong, but…
On the other hand
You may be right, but…


Situation

A: Correct me if I’m wrong but I think her suggestion was not good.
B: Yeah I think so.
A: But on the other hand, she has a point.
B: You may be right, but we have to work faster so we won’t miss the deadline.

Pronunciation drills

I’m wrong
I think
Suggestion
Work faster
Deadline

Substitution drills

Correct _____________ but I think her suggestion was not good.

But ______________, she has a point.

You __________, but we have to work faster so we won’t miss the deadline.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Correct me if I’m wrong, but…, On the other hand, You may be right, but…

Example:  Correct me if I’m wrong but I think we have to turn the deal down to avoid risking the company’s profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment