Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lesson 31. At The Library


Key Expressions

Can I help you?
May I see your syllabus?
On reserve









Situation

L: Can I help you?
S: I’m confused. According to the syllabus, the book is in the library, but I haven’t been able to find it.
L: May I see your syllabus?
S: Yes, here it is.
L: Your professor has placed this book on reserve. That means you cannot find it on the shelves. You need to go to the reserve room down the hall and to the left.
S: What do you mean by “on reserve”?
L: Your professor wants every one to read the chapter. If one of your classmates gets the book, it is likely that none of you will have the opportunity to read it. So he insured that all of the students in your class will read it by placing it on reserve.

Pronunciation drills

Confused
Syllabus
Library
Reserve
Shelves
 
Substitution drills

 Can I _____________?

May I see your _____________?

Your professor has placed this book on ____________.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Can I help you? ,
May I see your syllabus?, On reserve.

Example:  The room we planned to rent for the night is already on reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment