Monday, October 11, 2010

Lesson 32: Opinions


Key Expressions

Could you elaborate?
I don’t think
In my opinion

Situation

A: I heard that people from the United States are talking about placing a billboard in the outer space.
B: Could you elaborate?
A: They say that they want to place some billboards as big as the moon so that we can see them even without the use of a telescope.
B: But how will they do that?
A: I don’t know. I don’t think it is really possible because it will cost a lot of money and effort.
B: In my opinion, I’m against it because it could block the sunlight.

Pronunciation drills

Billboard
Elaborate
Telescope
Against

Substitution drill

Could you ___________?

I _____________ it is really possible because it will cost a lot of money and effort.

In ___________, I’m against it because it could block the sunlight.


Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Could you elaborate?
I don’t think, In my opinion.

Example:  Could you elaborate the topic I didn’t quite get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment