Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lesson 35. Going to a party


 
Key Expressions:

Can you make it?
Just yourself.
I’ll be there with bells on.





Situation

M: Hello Andy. It’s Marge. I just received the invitation to your party.
A: Could you make it?
M: Well, it’s on Saturday right?
A: I hope you could come.
M: Could I bring anything?
A: Just yourself.
M: Ok, I’ll be there with bells on. I’m looking forward to it.
A: Thanks. Bye.
M: See you then.

Pronunciation drills

Invitation
Party
Looking forward

Substitution drill

M: Hello Andy. It’s Marge. I just received the invitation to your party.
A: ____________ make it?

M: Could I bring anything?
A: Just ____________.
M: Ok, I’ll be ____________________. I’m looking forward to it.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Can you make it? , Just yourself, I’ll be there with bells on.

Example:  Can you make it on Saturday for my birthday party?


No comments:

Post a Comment