Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lesson 39. Such a Chicken



Key Expressions

Don’t be such a chicken
You've got to take a chance!
I'd totally die if she turned me down.


Situation

A: Hey, John, is Jenny coming with us?
B: Yes. Why?
A: Nothing. I'm just asking.
B: Come on, Richard, don't be such a chicken. If you like her, you've got to tell her. Maybe she likes you.
A: I'd totally die if she turned me down.
B: But that's better than keeping everything to your self. You've got to let her know. Come on! You've got to take a chance!
A: I don't know....Well, maybe, you're right, but how am I going to tell her?


Pronunciation drill

Chicken
Like
Totally

Substitution drills

Come on, Richard, don't _______________. If you like her, you've got to tell her. Maybe she likes you.
I'd ________________.

Why is your face so red? , Who has a crush? I'd ________________
________________.


Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, so down!,
Come on, I'd totally die if she turned me down.

Example:  You look so down, cheer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment