Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lesson 57: Time

 
Key Expressions

On the dot
24/7
Double-time

Situation

A: What time will you be picking up the package?
B: I don’t know. When is it going to arrive?
A: Well the delivery guy said it would be arriving 8:30 on the dot.
B: Okay, I’ll leave at 8 so I’ll be there when the package arrives.
A: Alright, don’t you forget that package.

A: Oh my god! I have to pick up some groceries!
B: Groceries? What are you so worried about?
A: Look at the time, there are no groceries open at this hour!
B: Relax, there’s a convenience store down the street that’s open 24/7.
A: Oh that store’s open 24/7? Thank god.

A: Hey, the boss wants this report taken cared of.
B: Okay, I’ll handle that. I’m good at these things anyway.
A: Well you’ve better get a move on. The boss wants us to move double time.
B: Well what else is new?



Pronunciation drills

Arrive
Groceries
Worried

Substitution drills


A.  I don’t know. When is it going to arrive?
B.   Well the delivery guy said it would be arriving 8:30 __________.


A.  Relax, there’s a convenience store down the street that’s open 24/7.
B.  Oh that store’s open ___________? Thank god.

A. Well you’ve better get a move on. The boss wants us to move _________.

Today’s Homework:
Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, On the dot, 24/7,
Double-time.

Example:  Marvin is a workaholic.  He works almost 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment