Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lesson 58: On the Road

 
Key Expressions

Pull over
Got tied up in traffic
Run over


Situation

Will: Dude, look at the cop. He’s signaling you to pull over.
Harry: Oh great, what did I do now?
Will: Um, I think you just went over the speed limit that’s why he’s telling you to pull over.
Harry: Oh man. Let me just slow down.

A: Sorry I’m late boss. I got tied up in traffic.
B: It’s okay. I got tied up myself. Traffic’s really getting worse these days.
A: Yeah, they’ve been fixing sections of the highway all at once.
B: They should be fixing the roads one at a time to avoid heavy traffic, don’t you think?

A: Hey look out!
B: Man that was close! That guy nearly ran me over with his car! I bet that guy’s drunk or something. Did you get his license plate?
A: Don’t worry, I did. We’re going to report that driver to the police.

Pronunciation drill

Pull over
Getting worse
Nearly ran

Substitution drills

Look at the cop. He’s signaling you to ___________.

A: Sorry I’m late boss. I ___________ in traffic.

Man that was close! That guy nearly ____ me ______with his car!

Today’s Homework:

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Pull over, Got tied up in traffic, Run over.

Example:  The police pulled over to check on to accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment