Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lesson 49: Facial Expressions

Key Expressions

Long face
Turned red with anger
Like you’ve seen a ghost

Situation

A. Hi there Carl, what’s with the long face?
B. My pet hamster died this morning.
A. That’s too bad. Cheer up, why don’t you get a new hamster.
B. I’d want to. Maybe when I’m finished mourning over my hamster.



A. Boy, I’ve never seen a couple argue so aggressively.
B. I know. You could feel what they’re feeling.
A. Look at the girl’s face. It’s so red with anger. She’s like a volcano.

A. Hey what’s wrong? It’s like you’ve seen a ghost.
B. Oh it’s worse than that.
A. What? Tell me.
B. I saw an old guy running around naked.



Pronunciation drills

Long face
Finished mourning
Argue
What’s wrong?
Running around

Substitution drills

Hi there Carl, what’s with the ______________?

Look at the girl’s face. It’s so ____________. She’s like a volcano.


Hey what’s wrong? It’s like ________________.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Long face, Turned red with anger, Like you’ve seen a ghost.

Example:  You’ve got that long face, what happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment