Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lesson 9: Noise

 
Key Expression

Not again
Heard the last of it
Moving in
Getting on my nerves
Hurry up

Situation

A:  Hear that? It's that drilling noise again.
B:  Oh no, not again! I thought we'd heard the last of it this morning.
A:  It's coming from the floor above. What's going on up there?
B:  The janitor told me that they are refurbishing the whole floor for a new company that's moving in next week.
A:  Well I hope they hurry up and finish because the noise is really getting on my nerves.
B:  It's disturbing me too and it also reminds me of being at the dentist, which is even worse.

Pronunciation drills

Drilling
Noise
Refurbishing
Worse
 
Substitution drills

Oh no, ___________! I thought we'd _____________ this morning.

The janitor told me that they are refurbishing the whole floor for a new company that's _____________ next week.

Well I hope they __________ and finish because the noise is really__________________________.

Today’s Homework

Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Not again, Hurry up,
Heard the last of it, Getting on my nerves.

Example:  Hurry up, we’re almost late for the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment