Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lesson 60: Leaving for Home

   
Key Expressions:

Call it a day
Catch some Z’s
Been a long day

Situation:

Hal: Hey George, do you want to call it a day? I can’t wait to get home to my wife.
George: You can’t wait too see her, huh?
Hal: You said it. It’s been such a long day, man!
George: Hey, you want to hit the bar on the way home?
Hal: Nah, I think I’ll pass. Let’s take a rain check on that.
George: Sure, next week then. I’ve got to catch some Zs anyway.

Pronunciation drill:

Long day
Rain check
Bar

Substitution drill:

Do you want to _________? I can’t wait to get home to my wife.

You said it. It’s _____ such a _______, man!


Sure, next week then. I’ve got to __________ anyway.

Today’s Homework:
Construct sentences using the Key Expressions, Call it a day, Catch some Z’s, Been a long day.

Example:  Since we’ve accomplished enough, let’s call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment